Applications are now being accepted for WSRS Leadership Scholarships for 2018. Click here to apply.
Congratulations to Rachel Gerson, MD, recipient of a $1000 WSRS leadership scholarship to attend RLI programs in 2017! WSRS may award up to three $1000 scholarships for 2018 to support members participation in the ACR’s Radiology Leadership Institute program. Deadline for applications for 2018 scholarships: August 15, 2017. The scholarship recipients will be announced at the WSRS Annual Meeting on October 14, 2017.
Here are some reflections on the RLI experience shared by one of the 2015 WSRS scholarship recipients:
I used the scholarship to attend the RLI bootcamp in Dallas, TX. The course was truly excellent. There was a mixture of radiational learning, but we also did several interesting projects. However, the highlight was a 24-hour simulation. We were told that our radiology group was going to be replaced by a national group for various reasons. We were tasked to come up with a plan to present to the hospital board the next morning to save our jobs. They utilized actors to test our mettle and distract us. It was quite an experience.
I got so invigorated by the experience, I went on to do the rest of the coursework for the RLI and recently became the fourth person to finish all four levels. Even though I already have an MBA, I found there were many important lessons specific to radiology for me to learn. I really enjoyed defending my RLI practicum, as well.
Overall, a great experience, which I highly recommend to all, no matter what stage in your career.
–Jason Stoane, MD, 2015 WSRS RLI Scholarship recipient, Bellingham, WA
How to Apply
- Applicants must be in good standing as a dues paying members of ACR and WSRS.
- Fill out the online application form. Deadline to apply for 2018 scholarships is August 15, 2017.
- The scholarship committee will evaluate the applications and recommend the top candidates for the WSRS Board’s consideration.
- Scholarships will be announced at the WSRS Annual Meeting on October 14, 2017. Ideally all of the recipients will be there in person to be acknowledged.
- Up to three scholarships may be awarded this year.
More information on the WSRS Leadership Scholarships:
The Washington State Radiological Society (WSRS), a chapter of the American College of Radiology (ACR), supports the highest standards of diagnostic and therapeutic radiology for our members and their patients. To most effectively fulfill its mission and to best represent the profession, the Membership has a strong interest in identifying prospective leaders and fostering their skills development and growth. To this goal, the Society has teamed up with the ACR Radiology Leadership Institute (RLI) to create an annual WSRS Leadership Scholarship Award.
EXPECTATIONS OF AWARD RECIPIENTS
- These scholarships are designed to provide only partial financial support to attend RLI events. The Award recipients, or their practices, will be responsible to provide for any remaining registration costs and travel expenses.
- Within six (6) months of program completion, Award recipients will provide written reflections on their Scholarship experience for dissemination to Membership by the Society.
- Award recipients are required to attend the WSRS Annual Meeting following the completion of their Scholarship program to provide a summary of their experiences to the Membership. Additionally, it is preferred that past recipients will present new recipients with their Scholarship Awards.
- In the year following receiving their Scholarship, Award recipients will be requested to participate as a member of the WSRS Awards Committee for a 1 year term.
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact Debra Alderman, WSRS Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org