Please be sure to renew your ACR/WSRS membership or join us if you haven’t already!
The ACR, with your Washington State chapter, is the only radiology organization that works to advocate the practice of radiology in the federal, state and local levels. During this time when there is constant pressure on the radiology field, radiologists need an organization to engage in the healthcare debate to promote and protect the future of radiology. In the past year, the ACR/WSRS has actively engaged government and third party payers to advance your interests by:
- Reduced the Multiple Procedure Payment Reduction (MPPR) to Medicare reimbursement for interpretation of advanced imaging scans from 25% to 5% starting Jan 1, 2017
- Retained Women’s Annual Mammography Screening Coverage
- Gained Insurance Coverage for CT Colonography
- Ushered the Appropriateness Criteria Mandate for Ordering Physicians
- Spearheaded Quality and Decision-Support Initiatives
Highlights of ACR/WSRS membership include:
- Be up-to-date on radiology trends with The Journal of the American College of Radiology and The ACR Bulletin. Recent articles include “Adding Value Isn’t an Option Anymore and Shorter Perceived Outpatient MRI Wait Times Associated with Higher Patient Satisfaction” JACR, May 2016, “The Success and Failure of a Radiology Quality Metric: The Case of OP-10, and Radiologist Peer Review by Group Consensus” JACR, June 2016, “Most Valuable (Radiology) Practice” ACR Bulletin, October 2015, and “Making Lemonade and Ten Years Later” ACR Bulletin, June 2016.
- Maintain radiology awareness/knowledge and licensure with easy to access online information/education sources and CME using peer reviewed sources such as The Journal of the American College of Radiology, Case-in-Point and ACR Learning Files
- Improve quality, efficiency, and professional satisfaction with ACR Practice Guidelines and Technical Standards, ACR Appropriateness Criteria and ACR National Radiology Data Registry.
- Save money using the ACR Benefits Plus Program with discounts on car insurance, loan refinance, car rental and hotels
The ACR and WSRS have been successful because of the support of each member such as you.
To join the ACR/WSRS, visit the ACR membership application web page.
To renew your ACR/WSRS membership, visit the ACR’s member renewal web page.
You can also renew and update your practice and contact information by phone: (800) 347-7748 or contact the ACR membership staff via E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership fee can be tax deductible if your practice is able to deduct business expenses. That would be 34.45-41.05% savings depending on your tax bracket.
WSRS membership dues for 2019 are:
|Military/VA/Public Health Service physicians||$147.00|
|As Secondary Chapter||$295.00|
|Phased-in dues early career physicians||$50-75-100|
|Phased-in dues for early career physicists||$20-$30-$50|
|Residents & Fellows (Members in Training)||$0|